Friday, January 24, 2014

Redeeming My Time

This morning I read Ephesians 5:15-16 as part of my Good Morning Girls study.  It says:

See then that ye walk circumspectly (diligently, carefully) not as fools but as wise.   Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
What a great reminder that I need to be more thoughtful about how I choose to spend my time.  I can't just let my day "happen."  I need to steer it!

It brought to mind an analogy of  riding a horse.  If you actually want the horse to do what you want and go where you want, you can't just get on and hope for the best.



It requires balance, strength and adjustments(some minor and some major).  And you need to focus on your destination!  If you want to go to a certain spot in the distance, you need to look at it.  That focus is conveyed not only in your body language and attitude but in imperceptible shifts in your balance and movements.  My husband tells me riding a motorcycle is the same way.  When you make a turn, you look in the direction you are going.

So in my day to day life I need to look at my destination.  What is my plan for the day?  I cannot let my day take it's own course.

For me that means making a list or a plan.  And getting to it right away and not putting it off for later.  I haven't been doing this for quite awhile and I definitely needed this reminder this morning.

How are you redeeming your time?



This post was happily shared at http://christianmommyblogger.com/
and Hearts for Home Blog Hop

No comments: