Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Rag Rug Craft-Along: Resources

fb279f57801097cbfc5f93d61fc6e9f2f37c1825d9fdaddbef




Today I've gathered some of my favorite resources for making a rag rug.  These are places I found when I was learning how to make my own rugs and a couple of sources for purchasing needles, patterns and even finished rugs.  Do you have any to add? Let me know and I will put them on the list!



Rag Rug Cafe: This is one of the places that helped me finally figure out how to do the stitch for the rag rug.  You can find lots of great tutorials and tips here.

Aunt Philly's: Tearing and Joining Fabric- This is a quick little video that shows the basics of tearing and joining the fabric.

Aunt Philly's: Basics of making the rug & tips to help you.

Pattern and Wooden Toothbrush Needle: has easy step-by-step written instructions and color picture illustrations for making your own oval toothbrush rug.  The needle is also included.  The pictures are clear and easy to follow.    There are also round rug patterns, needles and starters available here.

Finished rugs, patterns & needles: Pattern kit includes instructions (with lots of photos), a started piece, some prepared fabric - both core and working fabric and most of all - your very own handmade Nalbinde needle.You can also see some of her other beautiful projects on her website at http://stonewoodstudio.weebly.com/

No comments: