Wednesday, July 25, 2012

White Bean Tuna Salad

White Bean Tuna Salad

I made this variation of tuna salad today and we really liked it so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Ingredients:
1 can White Beans (Navy Beans)
1 can Whole White Chunk Tuna
1 stalk celery-slice thin lengthwise and dice
1 carrot, shredded (ours were tiny so I sliced them thin)
1 green onion, sliced thin
3-4 Fresh Basil leaves sliced thin
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Rinse the beans and place in a medium-size bowl.  Drain tuna and add to beans.  Add celery, carrot, green onion, basil and lemon and stir gently.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  
Serve as sandwich filling, in tortilla wraps or wrapped in a piece of lettuce.





Variations:  I imagine you could use Miracle Whip(Mayo), Italian Dressing  etc.in it as well but this had such a nice light flavor that we didn't feel it needed anything else.  I think it would would be really good with something like tomatoes too.


We got some giant spinach leaves at the Farmer's Market and they worked perfectly to roll the salad up in.

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

What a great pantry shelf meal this is! I've pinned it. I see it as lunch one day in the very near future.