Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Teach Your Child to Read Guest Post

I am excited to be participating in a Teaching Your Child to Read series over at Life & Lessons From A Country Road.   For my part I'll be sharing with you our experience with using the book Teach Your Child to Read In 100 Easy Lessons by Siegfried Engelmann.


When it comes to homeschooling I'm completely convinced that it's the right and best choice for us.  I think that there are so many positive aspects of homeschooling.  But when it comes to teaching, I feel under-qualified and a bit nervous.  I pray for wisdom a lot!  This book was perfect for me, it has been a definite confidence builder.

        No Experience Necessary The part of the program that really drew me in was that you basically don't need to have any previous experience in order to teach reading and there isn't any prep necessary besides scanning through the lesson....

To read more, check out the complete article over at  Life & Lessons From A Country Road.

I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love this kind of post... all information I need! :) Off to check out your whole post.