Friday, November 1, 2013

30 Days of Thanks- Nov. 1st 2013

I'm participating in a 30 Days of Thanks Challenge.  When I first considered doing it I actually thought, can I think of 30 days worth of stuff I'm thankful for?  Which made me realize this would be a really good thing for me to do!  I feel like I am getting in a rut of dissatisfaction and I think it would do me and my family good to focus on the blessings in our life.

So to start, here's a few things I was thankful for today.



Sunshine and fresh air on a snowy day.  The kids and I were out doing chores and I could just feel the stress of the day dropping away.  Sometimes we get so busy thinking about the next thing we need to do that we forget to stop and take the time to be in the moment we are at.


There are a couple of things about this picture that I liked.  First, the paper snowflake in the window.  It reminds me of the time I spent that day with my girls folding and cutting and admiring each other's snowflakes.  Then hanging them from the ceiling and on the windows.  My middle child told me today that she wants to cut out snowflakes every day after school so we can decorate the house for her birthday in January.  I'm glad it holds good memories for her too.  And secondly, the happy cat.  She personifies the contentment I felt standing out in the sun with my kiddos.



And here's my little buddy in his snowsuit.  He doesn't remember snow from last year so it was super exciting.  And he was so cute and pudgy in his snowsuit (which I had to wrestle him into -I'm not even kidding- because he had no clue why I was putting him in it and he wasn't about to agree to it!).  I'm thankful for all of my children but it's such blessing to be able to share in the excitement of new snow!


What are you thankful for?


This post was shared on the following blog link-ups


Eclectic Momma

No comments: