Sunday, November 3, 2013

30 Days of Thanks- Nov. 3rd 2013

Today I'm sharing how thankful I am for my mom.  There's a lot of people to be thankful for in my life, but she's the only one who is willing to have a conversation with me each day when only 1/3 of the conversation is spent talking to her and the rest is instructions or conversation directed at my children!
Mom with my daughter on their birthday!
If ever there was an example of generosity, she would be it.  She has made crocheted rugs and given them freely to multitudes of people.   She makes jam and jelly every year and I don't think a visiting family member leaves her house without a jar of it.  They have butchered chickens and shared them with us, and every time we go visit she checks to see if we need to fill up a cooler with meat that they have from butchering a cow or from what my dad has hunted.
She supports my every hair-brained idea and doesn't say "I told you so" when it doesn't work out (Anybody remember my AVON stint a year ago? Not that there's anything against AVON, It's just not my style.). And as I raise my own children I can see how patient, supportive and loving she was.  Raising kids is hard!  I had no idea how great she was until I realize that I wish I could be as fun as she was.  I'm afraid I'm a bit more serious about things and I wish I could be a little more laid-back.
I am also not sure how she managed to always have something interesting, something to eat and something to drink in her purse at all times...  She's still great at packing up and going somewhere and having just what is needed.  When she comes to visit  and we go somewhere with her, she always throws stuff in that I never seem to think of.

Anyway, I'm thankful for my mom.   God picked just the right one for me.

Me and My Momma





This post was shared on the following blog link-ups


Eclectic Momma


1 comment:

Christy said...

That sounds like the conversations my mom and I have too. :)